BASIC BREAD DOUGH RECIPE
This is a very easy and simple to follow basic bread dough.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tsp yeast (dry)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cups baker’s flour
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Place warm water in a warm mixing bowl and add yeast. Stir to dissolve and let stand 3 minutes. Add salt and sugar and stir through. Add flour and olive oil and mix, using hands until you can knead the dough without it sticking to your fingers.
- Wash and dry hands and remove ball to cutting board. Knead the dough, occasionally dusting with 1 teaspoon flour, until a firm, smooth homogenous ball is formed, about 15 minutes.
- Place ball of dough in a lightly-oiled mixing bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm place until its size is doubled, about 2 hours.
- Punch down and divide into 4 pieces. Dough is now ready for use.