BOWTIE PASTA WITH ITALIAN SAUSAGE, TOMATOES AND BASIL RECIPE
- 3/4 pound farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 bunch basil, leaves torn into pieces
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved or shredded
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and toss in olive oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet. Squeeze sausage from casing into pan, crumbling it into small pieces.
- Add garlic and cook until sausage is browned and cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Toss cooked sausage with pasta, basil, tomatoes, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.