Braised Pork & Chicken (Adobong Baboy at Manok) Recipe
Adobo is one of the popular Philippine dish. Basically, it is pork or chicken or a combination of both although sometimes it can be a fish or beef. The meat is browned in oil and simmered until tender in a mixture of garlic, bay leaf, black peppercorns, vinegar, and soy sauce.
Here is a simple adobo recipe:
- 1 kilo pork liempo (belly), cut into 2 inch cube
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into stewing pieces
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp peppercorns, cracked
- bay leaf
- enough water to cover meat
- In a deep pot, combine ingredients and simmer over medium heat.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Continue simmering until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from the pot and fry until golden brown.
- Return pork and chicken to the mixture and simmer until sauce is reduced.
- Serve hot.