CAESAR SALAD RECIPE
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 2 fresh egg yolks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices sandwich bread
- 3 tbsp butter
- Trim, wash and dry the lettuce. Tear large leaves into pieces.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Chop the anchovy fillets finely. Place the egg yolks in a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, slowly add the oil in a thin stream until thick and creamy.
- Stir in lemon juice. Stir 1/2 of the garlic, 1/2 of the parmesan cheese, the anchovy and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well.
- Arrange the salad in a serving plate.
- Remove the crust from the bread and cut into small dice.
- In a skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the bread cubes and saute until golden brown. Add the remaining garlic and saute briefly.
- Sprinkle the bread cubes and remaining cheese over the salad.