CHICKEN IN COCONUT MILK (BACOLOD STYLE) RECIPE
- 1 live native chicken
- 1 pc. coconut, shredded
- 1 head tanglad (lemon grass)
- 1 handful hierba buena (mint)
- 5 leaves yellow ginger
- 10 slices ginger
- 1 small pack sotanghon noodles
- salt to taste
- Slaughter the live native chicken. Collect the blood.
- Dress the chicken. Mix the blood with the shredded coconut meat.
- Extract the thick coconut milk by squeezing with 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into the desired sizes.
- Again, extract the thinner coconut milk enough to cover the chicken in the pan.
- Set to a boil with tanglad, ginger and salt until the chicken becomes tender.
- Pour in the thick coconut milk, yellow ginger, mint and sotanghon.
- Continue to cook until the sotanghon is done and the coconut milk becomes creamy.
Note: You can add chili to have a spicy taste.