Chili Prawn Recipe
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup catsup or tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 kg. fresh prawns
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 red jalapeno chili, seeded and minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sliced green onion
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, boil prawns for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into half (optional).
- Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic, ginger and chili; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add prawns and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add sauce and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring once or twice, until prawns is cooked, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in egg and cook just until it begins to set, about 1 minute. Arrange prawns on a serving plate. Pour sauce over all and garnish with green onion.
Disclosure: eKusinero picks products and services that it find interesting to its followers. Buying them would give a small share of the revenue from its affiliates thus keeping the website and the author kicking and alive. If you got something in your mind, please let me know.