Chili Prawn Recipe
I’m sure most of you love shrimp as it is one of the most popular and preferred seafood variant. This chili prawn recipe is easy to prepare and cook. For less than twenty minutes, you can have a healthy, flavorful and nourishing dish. It can be served as an appetizer or as a main course. The added spicy flavor of chili is an appetite booster.
The recipe is also best for other meat variant such as chicken, pork or beef depending on your preference. Prawns are a bit pricier, so if you are on a budget, you may want to use pork or chicken or you can also use tofu or bean curd, which is considered as a healthier choice.
The rich thick sauce of this recipe is a combination of spicy and sweet flavor. Generally, it will increase your appetite, so if you’re on a diet, you may eat this in moderation and also observe your rice intake.
Always use fresh prawns or shrimps for a better and healthier dish. Here’s the step by step guide on preparing and cooking this chili prawn recipe;
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup catsup or tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 kg. fresh prawns
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 red jalapeno chili, seeded and minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sliced green onion
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, boil prawns for 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into half (optional).
- Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic, ginger and chili; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add prawns and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add sauce and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring once or twice, until prawns is cooked, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in egg and cook just until it begins to set, about 1 minute. Arrange prawns on a serving plate. Pour sauce over all and garnish with green onion.