CHINESE QUEKIAM (KIKIAM) RECIPE
- 1 kilo pork lean, finely ground
- 100 shrimp meat, finely ground
- 1 tbsp refined salt
- 4 tbsp refined sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup turnips, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ngoyong powder or five spice
- 1-2 pcs. fresh, beaten
- taupe wrapper
- broth cube
- 1 cup water
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 pc chili (labuyo)
- 1 tsp refined salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pc laurel leaf
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
Procedure for Sauce:
- In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients, stir slowly until the sugar and starch dissolve.
- Over medium heat, continue stirring until thicken.
- Let cool. Serve or store in a tight container.
- Measure all ingredients. Set aside.
- Mix ground pork and shrimp meat until blended. Set Aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except the egg until blended.
- Add the meat mixture and slowly pour the beaten egg, continue stirring until tacky.
- Wrap in taupe wrapper (250 gms / pack).
- Steam for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and slice.
- Serve with sauce and hot rice.