CHOW MEIN NOODLES RECIPE
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- good chunk fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato purèe
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunky strips
- 3 blocks dried egg noodles
- ½ a head broccoli, broken into florets
- 3 carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 oz pack bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, halved and sliced into long strips
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Mix together the garlic, ginger, chilli, soy sauce and tomato purèe.
- Add the chicken and marinate.
- Boil a large pan of water, add the noodles, broccoli and carrots, then cook for 4 mins before draining.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok, tip in the chicken and its marinade, then stir-fry for 4-5 mins until cooked.
- Toss in the noodles, vegetables, beansprouts and spring onion to warm through, then mix the oyster sauce with 2 tbsp water and stir.
- Serve hot.