Deep Fried Won Tons Recipe
- 24 won ton skins
- oil for deep frying
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup ground pork
- 1/2 cup cooked peeled shrimps, finely chopped
- 2 tsp scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Put all the filling ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly together to form a smooth mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, put 1 teaspoonful of the filling on each won ton skin. Fold over from corner to corner, wetting a small part of the skin on the sides immediately around the filling. Press the sides together firmly.
- in a deep wok, heat oil then fry the won tons in batches for 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a low oven.
- Put the corn starch and mix to a paste with 4 to 5 tbsp of cold water. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except oil. Heat oil in a wok and pour in the sauce mixture. Stir over moderate heat for 3 to 4 minutes until smooth.
- Serve immediately with the won tons.