GARLIC AND CHEESE CROSTINI RECIPE
- 24 (1/3-inch-thick) baguette slices (from a baguette at least)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano (preferably imported)
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Arrange bread slices in 1 layer on a large baking sheet and brush tops with 3 tablespoons oil.
- Stir together remaining tablespoon oil, cheese, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle each slice with about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture, mounding it slightly.
- Bake until topping just starts to melt, 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and kosher salt to taste.
- Serve warm.