Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into 1/4 rings
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- In a greased skillet over medium heat, cook onions 3 minutes, turning once.
- Brush 1 side of each bread slice with butter. Place 4 bread slices buttered side down on work surface.
- Top with 4 slices cheese.
- Divide onions, avocados and remaining cheese evenly among sandwiches.
- Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- In greased skillet over medium high heat, cook in batches 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden, turning once.