HOT AND SPICY CHICKEN RECIPE
- 1 whole frying chicken, cut up and Marinated
- 6-8 cups shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon MSG
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces.
- Preheat the shortening in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, combine the remaining coating ingredients.
- When the chicken is marinated, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off.
- Working with one piece at a time, dip in egg and milk then coat the chicken with the dry flour mixture, coated very generously.
- Stack the chicken on a plate or cookie sheet until each piece has been coated.
- Drop the chicken, one piece at a time into the hot shortening.
- Fry half of the chicken at a time (4 pieces) for 12-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown.
- You should be sure to stir the chicken around halfway through the cooking time so that each piece cooks evenly.
- Remove the chicken to a rack or towels to drain for about 5 minutes.