PREPARING HOT CHOCOLATE
Hot chocolate is a heated beverage that typically consists of shaved chocolate or cocoa powder, heated milk or water, and sugar. While hot chocolate is generally thought of as a drink consumed for pleasure, recent studies have suggested that hot chocolate possesses health benefits due to antioxidants that can be found in cocoa.
Here’s a simple way to prepare hot chocolate:
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Measure water, cocoa and sugar in a glass measuring cup. Stir well.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes to make chocolate syrup.
- Stir in milk and vanilla and microwave till warm.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.