INIHAW NA PUSIT (GRILLED SQUID) RECIPE
- 1 kilo medium to large fresh squid
- 1 bottle or 1 cup Sprite or 7-up (for extra sweetness)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 medium-sized onions, sliced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Wash the squids well. Remove the long thin membrane in the head and body and slit the eyes to bring out the ink. Wash the body cavity well.
- Place the squid in the bowl. Add all the ingredients. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Stuff the squid cavity with a mixture of onions and tomatoes. Sew the ends of the squid so contents to prevent spillage.
- Before grilling, place the squid in barbecue sticks. Keep the marinade sauce.
- Grill the squid. Use the marinade sauce to baste the squid while it is being grilled.
- Don’t overcook the squid. Softer meat is easy to bite and juicier.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce like soy sauce with onion and chili.