Kilawing Tanigue Recipe
- 1 kilo tanigue (spanish mackerel), cut into 1/2 inch cube
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 thumb size ginger, peeled then minced
- 1 or 2 pcs. siling labuyo, sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 5 pcs. calamansi, extract juice
- 1/4 cup coconut cream, optional
- In a large bowl, marinate tanigue cubes in vinegar. When the cubes turn opaque, gently squeeze out liquid and place fish cubes in another glass bowl. Discard the liquid.
- Toss in the ginger and siling labuyo (red chili). Add salt and mix well.
- Pour calamansi juice into the mixture.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pour in the coconut cream. Mix well.