LA PAZ BATCHOY RECIPE
La Paz Batchoy is a noodle soup made with pork organs, beef, crushed pork cracklings, chicken stock and round noodles. Originated from the district of La Paz, Iloilo City in the Philippines, thus it is referred to as La Paz Batchoy.
La Paz Batchoy is a unique dish. It is best slurped in scalding hot. If not done in the right way, one’s tongue will be burnt for the day; that’s the thrill.
Here’s a book about a collection of stories of life and La Paz batchoy. The tale of the La Paz batchoy is a happy memory. Some stories have lessons, some are sad, some make me smile again.[easyazon_link identifier=”1456442562″ locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”bloggblogs-20″]Tale of the La Paz Batchoy: and a few stories of life[/easyazon_link]
- 200 g. fresh miki, washed
- 300 grams pork kidney
- 1/4 kilo pork Lapay (spleen)
- 1/4 kilo pork tenderloin
- 200 grams pork liver
- 1 tablespoon ginger, cut into fine strips
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 10 to 12 cups water or any soup stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- spring onions, chopped
- toasted garlic (fried separately)
- 1/2 cup pork cracklings or chicharon, pounded
- whole raw egg for each bowl serving (optional)
- In a large pot, pour in 10-12 c. of stock (from boiled beef and pork bones) and add all broth ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add in pork, kidney, spleen and liver in the pot, let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until tender, add more stock if necessary.
- Remove pork, kidney, spleen and liver from the pot, drain and let cool.
- Continue simmering the broth in low heat until ready to serve, season with salt to taste.
- Slice the pork, kidney, spleen and liver into thin strips and set aside.
- Place noodles in serving bowl and pour boiling stock over the noodles.
- Top with pork, kidney, spleen and liver strips.
- Garnish with pork cracklings, spring onion and fried garlic.
- Add fresh egg, if preferred (optional).
- Serve hot.
Discover How To Create Magnificent Soup Recipes From Easy-To-Find Ingredients![easyazon_link identifier=”B00ONB16NW” locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”bloggblogs-20″]Soup recipes: Simple & Delicious Soups For Weight Loss. Easy To Cook & Quick To Serve[/easyazon_link]
This soup book will show you about how you can prepare professional soup recipes without being a professional. It is written in nice and easy way to make sure that it facilitates and satisfies majority of the audience. Written for all those who are willing to learn how to prepare or want to improve their already existing skills.