- 20-50 gabi leaves
- 1/2 kilo pork belly diced
- 1/2 head garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp. finely minced ginger
- 6-8 green pepper (long, slender variety), minced
- 1/4 cup bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- 1 tsp monosodium glutamate (MSG) (optional)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large coconuts, grated
- salt to taste
- Shred gabi leaves into small pieces. Dry shredded leaves under the sun for 1 day or more, until wilted.
- Add 1 cup lukewarm water to grated coconut and extract cream. Set aside. For the second extraction, add 2 cups lukewarm water.
- Mix together shredded leaves, pork, onion, pepper, bagoong, ginger, garlic and season with salt and msg. To this mixture add the 2nd extract of coconut cream.
- In a large pan pour leftover of the 2nd extraction cream. Bring to a boil. Then, add in the mixture on the boiling cream. Cover. After 5 minutes, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until cream is reduced to one half.
- Add the 1st extraction or the thick cream, simmer until the cream thickens,a and oil comes out of the cream
- Serve hot.