Mushroom Burger Recipe
Mushroom have a similar taste and texture to meat when cooked. No doubt, it created a big wave when introduced to the market.
This is a welcome alternative for those who prefer a healthy lifestyle. It is because of its capacity to lower cholesterol levels and also a good source of minerals.
Starting this business from your home only needs small capital. A kilo of mushroom burger will gave a yield of 1800 grams.
Patties could be prepared in various sizes (30, 40, 50 and 100 grams). Different variety of mushrooms are available at the market. All you need is choose which can yield best according to your preferences.
Other organic fibers such as bamboo fibers, soy protein and other plant fiber can also be added to increase profit and lower the cost.
Here are the materials needed:
- Metal bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup
- Weighing scale
- Burger molders
- Potato Masher
For the ingredients:
- 700 g Beef lean or pork lean, ground finely
- 300 g Mushroom, ground
Curing Mix (dissolved in 1/4 cup water):
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt, refined
- 1 tsp Phosphate
- 1/4 cup TVP
- 1/4 cup Qualicel
- 1/2 cup Versagel
- 1 1/2 cup water if beef or 1 1/4 cup if pork or chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar, refined
- 1 tbsp Black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp Vetsin (MSG)
- 1/2 tsp Meat enhancer
- 3/4 cup Onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Celery powder
- 2 tsp Hamburger seasoning
- 3 tbsp Milk or whey powder
- 2 pcs Egg, fresh medium
The following ingredients should be added in the last mixing:
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp Potato starch
- 1/2 tsp Beef aroma
- 1/2 tsp Meaty ginisa
- 1 tsp BF blend
- Select good quality raw materials. Grind meat and mush room finely.
- Add salt and phosphate (dissolve in 1/4 cup water). Mix until tacky.
- Add extenders: TVP, Versagel and Qualicel. Mix again until homogenous mixture is attained.
- Add seasonings and remix.
- To attain firm patties, chill mixture for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Form into the patties with the use of hamburger molder
- (50 grams per patty), i kg. should contain 20 pieces. For 30 grams patty – i kg. should contain 33 pieces.
- Freeze patties before packing. Store in freezer. Cook with little amount of fat.
Yield: i kg. = 1.5 to 1.8 kgs.