PARMESAN CRUSTED FISH RECIPE
A parmesan cheese and bread crumb topping coats this baked fish. Panko bread crumbs are a Japanese bread crumb that is lighter and cooks up crispier than normal bread crumbs. Add carrots and greens to round out the meal.
- 4 skinless cod fillets (1-1/2 lb.)
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 10-oz. pkg. julienned carrots (3 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Mixed fresh salad greens
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse and pat dry fish; place on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- In small bowl stir together crumbs and cheese; sprinkle on fish.
- Bake, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish, until crumbs are golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet bring 1/2 cup water to boiling; add carrots.
- Reduce heat. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 minutes more.
- Add butter and ginger; toss.
- Serve fish and carrots with greens.