PESTO PASTA WITH CHICKEN RECIPE
Pesto Pasta is a simple, easy and delicious lunch or dinner recipe. Just add pesto to the pasta and serve with garlic bread and salad for an easy and delicious filling meal.
- 450g spaghetti
- 250g chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 3 pcs. tomatoes, cut in halves
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of pesto
- 100g grated parmezan cheese
- Boil the pasta for 10 – 15 minutes, until tender. Add a little oil to the pasta to avoid sticking together. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, fry the onion and garlic lightly or until brown
- Slice the chicken thinly and add to the onion, fry until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the pepper and tomatoes to the chicken.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the chicken. Stir for about 5 minutes. If the ingredients is sticking to the pan add a little water rather than oil, the steam will act like oil, but without the calories.
- Add the pesto to the chicken, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken mix to the pasta. Stir thoroughly.
- Top the pasta mixture with grated cheese.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad.