Pinaputok na Tilapia Recipe
For me, this is one of the best fish recipe. The fish (any kind such as kitang or any fish of your preference) is covered with tomatoes and onions then wrapped in a foil or banana leaves for a refreshing flavor and steamed or deep fried till tender and juicy.
- 2 pcs Tilapia (i prefer the big ones)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil if deep frying
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 to 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 chilies (optional)
- Clean the fish thoroughly. Make a few slits on the side.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Lay the fish in the foil or banana leaf and cover both sides with tomatoes and onions.
- Wrap tightly, be sure not to let water or oil to sip through.
- For deep frying: heat oil then submerge wrapped fish till done or for about 30 minutes.
- For steaming: boil water then placed the wrapped fish atop the pot. Steam till done or for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with vinegar sauce.