Pocherong Manok Recipe
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 kg chicken, cut into serving portions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & sliced into 1/4 inch- rounds
- 100 g chicharo or Baguio beans
- 1 head cabbage, sliced
- 1 small pack tomato sauce
- Heat cooking oil and sauté garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- Add chicken, seasonings to taste and 4 cups water.
- Bring to boil; lower heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add potatoes and carrot.
- Add tomato sauce and continue simmering until cooked, adding beans and cabbage last.
- Sprinkle top with spring onions just before serving.