Pork & Chicken Adobo (Ilonggo Style) Recipe
Here is another version of Adobo. It is cooked the same way except for some additional ingredients.
- 500 grams chicken, cut into serving size
- 500 grams pork belly or liempo, cut into serving size
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 slices ginger, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tsp peppercorn, cracked
- 1/3 cups vinegar
- 1 tsp achuete powder (annatto)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Dissolve the achuete or annatto in a 1 tbsp water and set aside.
- In a deep pot, place pork at the bottom then place the chicken.
- Put all the ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
- Mix in the achuete mixture and continue cooking until oil is extracted from the meat.
- Serve hot.