PORK MENUDO RECIPE
- 1/2 kilo pork, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 kilo pork liver, cut into small cubes
- 5 pieces chorizo de bilbao, cut in small pieces
- 5 pieces hotdog, cut into small pieces
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup pork or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon atsuete oil (optional)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 small head of garlic (minced)
- 1 medium size onion (diced)
- 1 pack tomato sauce
- In a pan or wok, heat cooking oil and atsuete oil.
- Saute garlic and onion until brown.
- Add pork, liver, chorizo de bilbao, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, paprika, patis and the stock.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork, carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Add the chickpeas, bell pepper, hotdog, raisins and tomato sauce. Boil for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.