Poultry Gravy Sauce Recipe
- ½ tsp canola oil
- 1 ¼ cups (4 oz) ¾ inch diced onion
- 1 cups (4 oz) ¾ inch diced celery
- 1½ oz chicken wings
- 4 cups water
- ¾ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- In a heavy bottom pot, add vegetable oil, onions and celery and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken wings, water, poultry seasoning and sage. Simmer for 1 ½ hours.
- Strain and save the liquid. Refrigerate over night.
- Remove from the refrigerator, scrape any solidified fat off the top and heat the liquid to a boil.
- Add white pepper and bouillon. Mix cornstarch and water into a slurry. Slowly whisk the slurry into the simmering liquid and keep stirring until you have reached your desired thickness.
- Remove from the heat and serve.