QUICK AND EASY VEGETABLE SALAD
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 slice bologna (optional), cut into small pieces
- 1 slice cheese (any kind), cut into small pieces
- 12 green olives (optional)
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt pinch of pepper
- Wash lettuce and pat dry with paper towels. Tear lettuce into bite-sized plates. (The Spanish do not use salad bowls.)
- Put egg, carrots, bologna, and cheese on top of lettuce. Top with olives, if desired.
- Mix vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour 1 tbsp. of mixture over each salad.