ROASTED TURKEY RECIPE
This is an easy roasted turkey recipe. It’s a clear-cut cooking style. No complicated ingredients needed. However, its simplicity makes the turkey delicious and savory.
- 1 big turkey
- Vegetable oil
- ground pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 lemon
- 2 onion, quartered
- 2 celery stick, cut into pieces
- Clean the turkey thoroughly. Rub it with salt including those part the under the skin. Place in a baking tray, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Before cooking, defrost the turkey. If ready, heat the oven to 350°F.
- Dry the turkey with paper towel. Rub the turkey with vegetable oil, inside and outside. Then rub with salt and pepper according to your taste. Then, rub with butter thoroughly including under the skin meat.
- Tuck the lemon, onion, and celery inside the cavity.
- Position the turkey, breast down, on the rack. Roast for 45 minutes, basting the turkey every 20 minutes once the pan juices accumulate.
- After 45 minutes, flip the turkey and continue to baste and roast for about 2 hours depending on its meat condition.
- When cooked, slice accordingly and serve with gravy.
- Serve hot.
For gravy recipe, click here…