SHRIMP AND VEGETABLES STIR FRY RECIPE
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp — peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon, juice and grated peel
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 small button mushrooms – (1″ size)
- 3/4 cup sweet red pepper in 1/2″ pieces
- 3/4 cup broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- a stalk of celery, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch, lemon juice and soy sauce and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and sesame oil. Stir-fry the shrimp with the garlic for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp just turns pink. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil to the skillet and stir-fry the mushrooms, red pepper. broccoli, celery and onion with the lemon peel for 3 to 4 minutes until tender. Stir in cornstarch-chicken broth mixture and cook over medium heat with constant stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Add shrimp and peas and cook until heated.
- Serve over pasta or rice.