Simple Chicken Salad with Herbs Recipe
- 3 1/2 lb. Whole Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Chives
- 3 tbsp White or Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 2 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt preferrably Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- In a stockpot, place chicken and cover with water and bring to a boil until tender.
- Drain chicken reserving broth for another . Cool chicken completely.
- Remove skin from chicken; discard skin. Remove chicken from bones; discard bones and fat.
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine chives and remaining ingredients.
- Add chicken and toss well to coat.
Note: To save cooking time, stop by the grocery store and pick up one thats already roasted.