Pork Sisig Recipe
After having some talks with friends about the abrupt increase of business permit fees in our area, i decided to take a walk going home. While walking, i’ve noticed some people lining up in a meat shop. So, i decided to buy some for our lunch.
While in the queue, i was thinking of what food to cook. I noticed the pork’s face hanging and it looks clean. Then, i recalled the sisig from Angeles, Pampanga which i thought of giving a try. So, i bought half of the pork’s face together with its ears and nose. I also bought some chicken liver.
What i did is clean the pork by shaving the skin. Then, we grill the pork’s face till golden brown. Boil the chix liver till tender. Then, we add some pepper, salt, onion and lime jiuce. Spice it up with some red chillies and voilah!! Sisig a la eKusinero.
- 1 kilo pork’s face with ear and nose
- 1/4 kilo chicken liver
- 10 pcs. kalamansi
- 4 pcs. onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pcs red chillies (siling labuyo), chopped (optional)
- Clean the pork’s face thoroughly. Shave the skin. Drain.
- Grill the pork till golden brown.
- While grilling, boil the chicken liver to tender. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the pork finely into 1/4 inch square. Also, chop the chicken liver and the onions.
- In a bowl, mix the pork, liver, onion and lime juice. Add some salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spice up with some chillies (sili) and serve!