SMOKED CHICKEN WITH CORN POTATO SALAD RECIPE
- 2 lb bag new potatoes
- 2 large corn cobs
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- juice 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, halved across the middle
- small bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- lime wedges, optional, to serve
- Bring to the boil a saucepan of water big enough to hold all the potatoes and corn.
- Cook the potatoes for 12 minutes, adding the corn after 6 minutes, until both are tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, mix the sliced red onion with the lime juice and half the oil in a large salad bowl.
- Mix the remaining oil with the garlic, paprika and some seasoning in a shallow bowl, then toss in the chicken until thoroughly coated.
- Heat a griddle pan, then griddle the chicken for 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Tip the potatoes into the bowl with the onions. Stand a corn cob on one end on a chopping board then slice down the length, cutting off the kernels in strips.
- Mix into the potato salad with the coriander and seasoning.
- Serve alongside the smoky griddled chicken, top with lime wedges.