SPICY CHICKEN STIR FRY RECIPE
Throwing leftover food is a form of wasting money. This need not be. Knowing what to do with these leftover foods could be a great way to an economical and appetizing dinner. So think twice or thrice before throwing leftover food.
Here’s one recipe that can be used on all kinds of meat and also to vegetables:
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce / paste
- 1 tsp mustard
- bean sprouts
- 125 g snow peas
- 1½ tbsp corn flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Leftover chicken, beef, pork or fish meat
- In a large frying pan, fry the leftover meat in half the oil in batches until brown then remove from the pan.
- Fry the onion, peas and pepper in the remaining oil then return the chicken to the pan with the pineapple juice along with the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce or paste and mustard.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Add the bean sprouts and pineapple pieces.
- Blend the corn flour with a little water, add to the mixture. Stir over the heat until the sauce thickens and the pineapple is warm.
- For a twist, add some red hot chilies or hot sauce.
- Serve hot.