SPICY SHRIMP GAMBAS RECIPE
- 1/2 kilo shrimps, fresh
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 large head garlic, minced
- 1-2 pcs siling labuyo (red chili pepper)
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Clean and devein the shrimps.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan. Add garlic and onion. Use moderate heat to raise the temperature slowly.
- Put in shrimps, stirring briskly for 2-3 minutes. Add tomato sauce, salt and red chili pepper. Gently stir the ingredients, turning the shrimp over to cook evenly.
- Add the butter towards the end when the shrimp have changed color and are just about ready.
- Add bread crumbs and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.