Steamed Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- salt and pepper for rubbing
- ginger roots, shredded
- coking wine
- Clean chicken and rub with salt, pepper and garlic. Stuff some shredded ginger, onion and garlic inside the chicken. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a steamer basket over water. Bring water to a boil, and steam chicken until juices run clear, about 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until tender. Mix in garlic and shredded ginger. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil and cooking wine and remove from heat. Scoop over the chicken to serve.
- Garnish with scallions.