STEAMED MUSSELS IN GINGER SOUP RECIPE
- 3 lbs mussels, scrubbed & debearded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pc. onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc fresh ginger 3″ long peeled, sliced
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger, and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the fish sauce, pepper and chopped tomatoes. Saute until the tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mussels, water and wine. Cover and simmer until the mussels open, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.