Stewed Prawns in Crab Fat Sauce Recipe
- 1 kilo fresh prawns
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tbsp crab fat paste
- 1 cup oil
- Shell and devein the prawns, leaving heads and tails intact.
- Place prawns, garlic, pepper, vinegar, soy sauce and bay leaf in a pan and add the water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Leave to simmer just until the prawns turn pink.
- Drain prawns and set aside.
- Continue to simmer the sauce until reduced by half. Strain the sauce and return to the pan.
- Heat the sauce and whisk in the crab fat paste. Set aside.
- Just before serving: In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the prawns for about 1 minute. Drain and arrange on a platter
- Reheat the sauce and pour over the prawns.