STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPE
A “stuffed chicken” or “rellenong manok” is a famous chicken recipe usually prepared during Christmas or New Year celebration.
“Stuffed Chicken” or “Rellenong manok” is a chicken recipe stuffed or filled with different ingredients that is tasty, colorful and delicious.
Deboning chicken is the hard part but you can have it deboned in the supermarket or in the place where you buy the chicken. Just add extra fee for deboning.
- 1 piece boneless whole chicken (1 to 1.5 kilo)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- lime juice
- 500 gms. ground pork or chicken
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 slices of age old bread or grocery bread, cut into small pieces
- 3 pcs. hard boiled eggs
- melted butter
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small carrots, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mushrooms, chopped
- Sausage cooked and chopped
- Apple, raw, chopped
- Walnuts, chopped
- Clean the whole chicken. Pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Mix calamansi or lemon juice, soy sauce, finely minced garlic and sugar in a small bowl. Marinate the whole chicken with these ingredients inside and outside for 3 hours.
- Mix the stuffing ingredients in a large bowl excluding the hard boiled eggs.
- Insert the stuffing inside the chicken, arranging the hard-boiled eggs down the center then add more stuffing on top of the eggs.
- Sew the chicken by using a big and new needle with a thick thread.
- Wrap the whole stuffed chicken using an aluminum foil. Heat the oven at 350 degrees F and bake the stuffed chicken breast-up for an hour. Open the foil and rub the outer portion of the whole chicken with olive oil or butter. After an hour in the oven, turn the whole chicken over and wait until the chicken turns golden brown.
- Remove the thick thread then slice it into half. Place the whole chicken filled with stuffing into a large serving platter.
- Serve hot.