TRUFFLED SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE
- 1 small fresh truffle
- 4 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 30 g butter
- 2 large slices of bread, toasted
- Brush the truffle briefly under cold running water. Slice thinly, then cut into matchsticks.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and best till runny. Add the sliced truffle, keeping a few for garnishing and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt half the butter in a pan over low heat. When melted, add the eggs and cook slowly, stirring all around the bottom and sides to prevent sticking.
- Toast and butter the bread when the eggs are almost cooked.
- Whisk the remaining butter into the eggs and spoon them onto toast.
- Serve immediately.