I love yogurt! I love its creamy sourness. Yogurt comes in many different flavors. Some brands enhanced its taste by adding fruits. Yogurt can be taken as part of your regular meals.
Yogurt has become a popular health food. It offers a wide range of choices including “zero fat” to “non fat” varieties. It has become a part of the average American meals.
Here are some healthy benefits of yogurt:
- It contains active, living cultures of lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococus thermophilus which help keep the colon healthy and lower the risk of cancer. Look for labels “active or live cultures”.
- It is rich in protein, vitamins and minerals but has fewer calories making it ideal for people trying to lose weight.
- It is made from non-fat milk which means it is good for the bones.
- It is safe for the lactose intolerant because the culturing process creates lactase. This same process makes yogurt easily digestible.
- It is also considered a growth food specially for kids because it helps the body absorb protein from other foods.
It is advisable to help your kids appreciate the benefits of yogurt as it will greatly helps them in their growing years.
You can also prepare it with your desserts and if you love baking, yogurt can also be used as a substitute for milk.